Ethernautics, Inc. – Michael Meissner: Systems Architecture, Systems Engineering and Systems Integration
Michael Meissner Systems Architect and Systems Engineer
Mr. Meissner is a Systems Architect with over 30 years of best practice experiences. Mr. Meissner has extensive Systems Engineering skills across the technology stack. Mr. Meissner leads Ethernautics, Inc.: Systems Architecture, Systems Engineering and Systems Integration Practices
Meissner has lead multiple large system integration projects.
Systems Engineering Technical Skills
The scope of systems engineering activities is large and function across many areas of the Information Technology domain and the SDLC.
Mr. Meissner has cross domain systems engineering technical skills across all functions and phases of the SDLC
Meissner maintains Information Technology domain skills as they apply to:
Requirements Analysis, Systems Analysis, Knowledge Engineering
Operating Systems (OS)
- MS Windows
- Mainframe (IBM, Vax, Unisys)
- MidRange (IBM, HP,)
- Servers (IBM, HP, Dell)
- Desktops (HP, Apple, Dell)
- Virtual Machines (USC)
System Engineering support for Research Development and Engineering
- Release Control
- Software Intensive Systems
- Plant Control System (PCS), Instrument Control Systems (ICS), SCADA Systems
Systems Engineers maintain cross domain systems technical skills as it applies to Cyber Security Defense in Depth Architectures and Infrastructures
Mastering relevant technical skills as the apply to Systems Architectures and Infrastructure Architectures as they pertain to Cyber Security Architectures and an overall defense-in-depth strategy:
- API Gateway
- Vendor product and services assessment
Application Security Architecture:
- Application architecture security assessment
- Threat modeling
- Application Security Testing
- Secure coding practices
- Software Assurance Maturity Assessment
- Webservice Security
- Cloud security
- Cryptography (Hash functions, PKI, Certs, etc.)
- Critical Digital Systems and Critical Digital Asset Assessment
- Network Architecture
- Systems & Network Monitoring
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform backup and file archival required by the ITO governance.
- Adhere to security governance by following user access request and maintenance processes.
- Updates in house tools to manage software and hardware inventory.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required during UAT and Production.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Write scripting code to automate installation and configuration.
- Performance & Tuning
- Configuration Management
- Help Desk
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Meissner Project with California Water Services Group (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc – Michael W. Meissner: Cyber Security Infrastructure Architect / Digital Engineer (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Client Project with Areva, NP at South Texas Project (STP) (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Client Project with CSC at Urenco (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Meissner Project with NetCracker Technologies (See Here)
- Information Mechanics, Inc. – Meissner Project with Telecommunications Company Inc. (TCI) (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Meissner: Cyber Security Standards, Best Practices and PRADL for Water Utilities (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Requirements Engineering (See Here)
- Glossary of Terms – Cyber Security at Nuclear Power Plants (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – BSS – OSS Solutions Architecture (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Meissner: Cyber Security for National Infrastructure – Water Resources (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Meissner: Cyber Security in National Infrastructure (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Structured Cabling Design Standards (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Michael W. Meissner: Technical Skills (See Here)
- Ethernautics, Inc. – Michael W. Meissner: Cyber Security Work History (see Here)